Framing the Village | Portraits
September 6 – 23, 2023
45 W 8th Street, Second Floor
New York, NY 10011
Call for Entries for a group exhibition of paintings, drawings, and photography of portraits depicting persons past and present who are associated with, live in, or have lived in Greenwich Village/East Village. All mediums including photography are welcome.
The exhibition is being curated by long-time Village artist Marc Kehoe.
Open to all Village artists, as part of The Village Trip arts festival, September 2023
- Open to all artists, 18 years and older
- Artists must live or have lived or have maintained a studio in Greenwich Village or the East Village.
How to submit:
- $25 non-refundable application fee for up to 3 images
- Payment is non-refundable and does not guarantee acceptance
- To pay the fee, go to our dedicated payment page on PayPal where you can use PayPal or a credit or debit card.
- Forward the receipt along with up to 3 jpeg images to MarcKehoe@TheVillageTrip.com
Artwork must be labeled as follows:
- JPG’s must be 300 DPI and be 1500 and 3000 pixels in the longest dimension
- Include an image list with full title, medium, year, dimensions, and price for each image submitted
- Include a short bio, artist statement, and a link to your website and Instagram in the body of the email
Format for artwork:
- Paintings: Maximum size including frame: 6 x 8 feet
- Work on stretched canvas need not be framed, but MUST be ready to hang
- Watercolors and works on paper must be framed
- Unframed work as specified above will not be accepted
- Drawings: Must be framed. Maximum size including frame: 6 x 8 feet
- Photographs: Must be framed and ready to hang. Maximum size 6 x 8 feet.
- All images are due by midnight Sunday, August 6, 2023