Music, literature, poetry and activism are all part of the long legacy of the Village. The businesses – everything from coffee shops to clubs – are just as famous as the people who came to them. They have always been at the center of the action as places to gather, places to practice and places to showcase the free, creative expression that the Village is known for.
The Village Trip invites you to be a part of the festival that will bring New Yorkers and visitors together for an exciting long weekend of free live music, poetry readings, literature, writing workshops, forums and panels that address the social issues we face in today’s society.
It costs nothing but your participation!
The organizers of The Village Trip are asking businesses in the neighborhood to create special pricing and offers that we will promote along with the general festival. It is our objective to encourage attendance and stimulate more spending throughout the Village.
If you are a café or a coffee shop:
- We ask that you offer one item on your menu at a price point near the cost of the same type of item in 1969.
- We also request that you name this item for The Village Trip.
If you are a restaurant:
- We request that you create one menu option at the price $19.69 – much like you would for NYC restaurant week and that you name the menu item for the festival or something related to the festival.
If you are a retail store:
- We request that you create a special discount in your store related to the festival. For example, you could markdown select items by 19.69% and call it the Village Trip discount.
For all partners, The Village Trip will provide the following:
- The Village Trip website – We will promote your individual business on The Village Trip website with a brief description, your logo and a link to your site as soon as you decide to partner with us.
- Social media promotions – This year The Village Trip will beef up its social media presence. Your establishment will get special shout-outs in all of our social media in advance of the festival (beginning late July) and running through September 29.
- The Village Trip Newsletter – Updates about the festival and its partners will be sent out through the newsletter every two weeks beginning late July giving program details about the festival this year. Your business and The Village Trip offer will be profiled in the newsletter.
- Special digital map on the festival website indicating the location of your business.
- Your business listed on all collateral materials promoting the festival. This includes: posters, banners, fliers and programs given out at Village Trip events.
Sign up to become a Festival Partner